Photo Credit: PPK.com
It's January 2, 2014, apparently. In the last year and a half I have moved twice (once cross-country, once internationally), changed jobs twice (happily, both times), settled down in the city and job I hope to live in for a long, long time (forever?), bought a house, and otherwise gone through many significant life changes.
Even though I didn't manage a single post here in 2013, I thought it might be nice to take a second to remember ten of the best vegan dishes/meals my partner and I enjoyed this (ok, last) year. In no particular order:
1. The PPK's stunning Stonefruit and Lentil Salad was a huge favorite throughout the summer.
2. Winter fare was the PPK's Chickpea and Rice Soup, over and over again.
3. We devoured a zillion date night vegan nachos from our favorite neighborhood bar in Toronto, Disgraceland.
4. Fries Supremacy, Phish and Chips, and The Southern Combo from Toronto's Hogtown Vegan, when we were feeling fancy.
5. Not a meal, admittedly, but this was the year we really committed to the Dark and Stormy as our cocktail of choice.
6. Please Don't Feed the Bears' Chili of Holy Terror breathed new life into my crockpot chili game, except I have to tone down some of the "holy terror" (peppers) for my partner's taste buds.
7. Chili Mac and Trees was a weeknight staple (my own different-every-time freewheeling recipe, but basically mac and cheese + chili + broccoli and spinach).
8. Creamy Vegan Fettuccine With Peas. It's insanely good.
9. The Autumn Harvest pie from My Sweet Vegan. Easiest, tastiest pie I have ever made!
10. Blossom in NYC's Port Wine Seitan was one of the best meals I have ever had, in any year.